This chicken florentine recipe has delicate chicken breasts pieces stewed in a velvety florentine sauce with added spinach! Prepared in only 20 minutes, it’s an exquisite supper recipe that is low carb!
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
~ Step by step instructions to Make Chicken Florentine Recipe ~
- Slice the chicken bosoms down the middle longwise so you have 4 more slender pieces. Season each side of the chicken with garlic powder and salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in flour on all sides.
- Add the oil and 1 tablespoon of the spread to a skillet over medium-high hotness. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes/side until brilliant. Take the container off the hotness and eliminate the chicken to a plate.
- Return the container to the hot and add the remainder of the margarine and the minced garlic. Allow it to cook for around 30 seconds or thereabouts.
- Add the wine, chicken stock, and Italian flavoring to the skillet. Allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes or until it’s recognizably diminished.
Include the cream and let it bubble for 2 minutes, then, at that point, mix in the spinach.
- Add the chicken back to the dish and cook, over medium hotness, for another 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens up a little. Sprinkle the parmesan cheddar over the top of the chicken and sauce preceding serving, and season it with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Chicken Florentine Meaning:
To serve something “Florentine Style” essentially implies that a specific protein (chicken, fish, and so forth) is served over a bed of spinach.
Culinarylore has the whole verifiable clarification made sure about, however, to sum up, a lady named Catherine de Médicis was brought into the world in Florence, in the long run, turned into the Queen of France, and enrolled her cooks from Florence to cook for her. She carried spinach seeds to France with her, and frequently had her dinners arranged over a bed of spinach accordingly.
What does chicken florentine consist of?
Customarily, chicken florentine is made with cream, spread, garlic, parmesan cheddar, and shallots. The flavors are delicious and new because of the Italian flavoring. To make a better chicken florentine, we changed the fixings without messing up the taste.
Style’s meaning could be a little clearer:
Florentine-style is essentially a recipe that was created in the Florence area which is the place where the recipe started.
What is the beginning of chicken florentine?
It is accepted that the beginning of chicken florentine began out of France during the 1500s.
Tips to make the best recipe:
- Try not to overcook the chicken, as it will keep on cooking as it is resting. It will likewise keep on cooking when you add it into the florentine sauce.
- For a considerably cheesier flavor, sprinkle with additional parmesan cheddar on top.
- Serve this hot, as the florentine sauce with solidifying as it begins to chill off.
freezing, Storing, and reheating instructions:
- To store: Leftovers can be put away in the cooler, covered, for as long as 5 days.
- To freeze: Place the chicken and the sauce in a hermetically sealed holder and store in the cooler for as long as two months.
- Warming: Either microwave the chicken with the sauce in 30-second sprays until hot or in a skillet