Chicken Stroganoff Recipe is all that you know and love about Beef Stroganoff… aside from it being made with chicken! Brilliant burned chicken thighs or bosom covered in a sharp cream Stroganoff Sauce, this is a speedy supper you can get on the table in a short time.
For The Chicken :
- 2 tbsp olive oil – divided
- 1 lb chicken breasts – cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
For the Sauce:
- 2 cup cremini mushrooms – sliced
- 1 shallot – minced
- 1/2 yellow onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine – (optional but recommended)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves – coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2/3 cup sour cream – room temperature
For serving :
- 3 cup cooked rice
- freshly chopped thyme – (for optional garnish)
- sour cream – (for optional garnish)
~ Step by step instructions to Make Chicken Stroganoff Recipe ~
- Set a huge non-stick skillet over medium hotness. When hot, add the olive oil.
- In the interim, place the cut chicken into a bowl. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne; throw to consolidate.
- Place the chicken in the hot container and brown, around 2-5 minutes on each side.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until brown, around 4 minutes. Add the shallot, onion, and garlic and mix sometimes until they are delicate and clear.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 1 moment, then, at that point, add the spread and flour. Whisk constantly taking consideration not to consume. Gradually add the chicken stock, speeding to make a smooth sauce.
- Add the Worcestershire, thyme, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a stew, diminish warm and permit the sauce to thicken around 5-8 minutes. Continuously speed in the sharp cream.
- Eliminate the hotness and serve over cooked rice. Embellish with extra thyme or acrid cream, whenever wanted.
What Does Stroganoff Sauce Consist of?
Stroganoff is a sauce-style sauce that is produced using stock thickened with flour or cornstarch and got done with sharp cream. Onions, mushrooms, and mustard are normal fixings in this sauce.
What Can I Use Instead of Sour Cream?
Assuming you’re not going to utilize acrid cream, stick to dairy items that add extravagance and tang. Crème fraîche is a more extravagant choice than sharp cream. Attempt it mixed into the sauce and dolloped on top. Greek yogurt adds a pleasant, acidic offset with a somewhat more stimulating feel. Cream cheddar loans a tart chomp and is ideally suited for softening into the sauce instead of harsh cream.
THE PREP WORK IS WORTH IT!
The most tedious piece of this Chicken recipe is the prep work. You’ll dice, mince, and hack a wide range of things. However, those fixings are what make this dish… so be patient or purchase previously pre-arranged fixings assuming you really want to.
The rest is done in your skillet. I energetically suggest utilizing an enormous non-stick skillet (or one with non-stick properties like the Le Creuset presented above) so you can fit everything in.
Simply recollect that you’ll be blending a great deal of sauce, so to decrease spills, legitimate skillet size is vital.
HOW TO MAKE + TIPS:
- HEAT OIL. Set a huge non-stick skillet over medium hotness. When hot, add the olive oil.
- SEASON. In the interim, place the cut chicken into a bowl. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne; throw to consolidate.
- COOK CHICKEN. Add the chicken to the hot container and brown, around 2-5 minutes on each side.
- VEGGIES. Add the mushrooms and cook until brown, around 4 minutes. Add the shallot, onion, and garlic and mix sometimes until they are delicate and clear.
- SAUCE. Pour in the wine (chicken stock or apple juice vinegar work as well) and cook for 1 moment, then, at that point, add the spread and flour. Whisk consistently taking into consideration not to consume. Gradually add the chicken stock, speeding to make a smooth sauce.