- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Neutral oil, such as vegetable
- Tonkatsu Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
~ Step by step instructions to Make Chicken Katsu Recipe ~
In a little bowl join ketchup, earthy colored sugar, mirin, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and finely minced garlic. Mix to join. It is ideal on the off chance that you let this rest no less than 30 minutes prior to serving.
Katsu Chicken Preparation
- Spot divided chicken bosom between some cling wrap and delicately hammer out the chicken. You need it to be about ¼ inch thick.
- Salt the chicken generously, cover it and spot it in the fridge for around 60 minutes. This will help the chicken separately and become very delicious. You could overlook this progression, however, the chicken will come out better on the off chance that you let the chicken rest.
- Set up a breading station with three dishes. Spot the universally handy flour into one bowl. Beat the eggs and 1/2 tablespoons of water together well overall, and fill a subsequent bowl. Spot panko breadcrumbs into the third bowl.
- Coat the chicken as follows:
- Spot in the flour then, at that point shake off any abundance.
- Plunge into the egg wash, coat well, then, at that point shake off any abundance.
- Dig in Panko breadcrumbs.
- Spot the covered chicken on a wire rack.
- Add sufficient vegetable oil to cover the base ½ inch of either an iron skillet or a hardened steel dish and warm to 350 degrees. Your dish ought to be enormous enough not to pack the chicken. Turn the stove on, and preheat to 200 degrees.
- Add the chicken to the dish and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, just until the hull sets. Flip over and cook for one more 1 to 2 minutes. Keep cooking the chicken and flipping it over until it is brilliant brown on the two sides.
- Eliminate the chicken and spot it on a perfect wire rack. Spot into the preheated stove to get done with cooking. Contingent upon the thickness of your chicken, the chicken might require one more 7 or 8 minutes of cooking. Chicken ought to be 165 degrees prior to devouring.
- At the point when the chicken is completely cooked, cut into flimsy strips that you can get with chopsticks. Present with rice, tonkatsu sauce, or your #1 earthy-colored sauce.
Could Chicken Katsu be prepared?
Indeed, yet in the event that you will probably cause it to contain less fat, it will not make a big deal about a distinction on the grounds that the panko should be drenched in a considerable lot of oil to brown and fresh appropriately. That being said, a few groups favor the simpler cleanup of preparing this in a stove, so on the off chance that you decide to do as such, you can adhere to the directions on my heated chicken parmesan formula (after you’ve breaded the katsu), to prepare this in a broiler.
Alternate WAYS TO SERVE CHICKEN KATSU
Katsu Curry – Instead of serving this with cabbage and tonkatsu sauce, the cutlet can be served close by Japanese curry rice.
Chicken Katsu Sandwich – Served in a bun, or between two slices of sandwich bread, Chicken Katsu makes for a delectable cutlet sandwich.
Katsu Donburi – Leftover chicken katsu can be utilized to make a rice bowl called Katsudon.
Would I be able to utilize different sorts of meat for Katsu?
Indeed, any delicate cut of meat will work, including hamburgers, pork, or sheep. In Japan, different fixings, for example, fish and vegetables are breaded in panko and seared also; in any case, these aren’t cutlets, so they are not called “katsu.” For instance, breaded and singed shrimp is designated “Ebifurai” (shrimp fry), mackerel is classified “Ajufurai” (horse mackerel fry), and clams called “Kakifurai” (shellfish fry).
What is Chicken Katsu?
Chicken Katsu is chicken filet breaded with flour, egg, and Japanese panko breadcrumbs, then, at that point rotisserie until brilliant brown. It’s the chicken partner of Tonkatsu, a pork cutlet.
The absolute best piece of eating this chicken recipe cutlet is that you made it yourself. With only a couple of straightforward fixings from your storage space, chicken katsu is something you can achieve in any event, for a weeknight supper!