This Chicken Waldorf Salad Sandwich Recipe is good, simple to make, and amazing to redo. Extraordinary for a fast lunch!
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Cling Film
- 2 packed cups / 300g Cooked/Leftover Rotisserie Chicken, diced into small cubes
- 3/4 cup / 135g Red or Black Seedless Grapes, halved or quartered
- 2/3 cup / 80g Walnuts, chopped
- 2 ribs of Celery, finely diced
- 1 Apple, (red, golden delicious or half of both)
- 1/2 cup / 120g Mayo
- 1/2 cup / 120g Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Lemon, juice only
- 1/4 tsp EACH: Salt, White Pepper (or to taste)
- 10 medium slices of Seeded Bread
- 2-3 lightly packed cups Watercress, or salad/leaves of choice
- Butter, as needed
~ Step by step instructions to Make Chicken Waldorf Salad Sandwich Recipe ~
- Dressing: In a little blending bowl consolidate mayo, yogurt, mustard, lemon squeeze, and salt and pepper. Spot aside.
- Salad: In a huge blending bowl add chicken and join with grapes, apple, celery, pecans, and dressing. Mix to join, then, at that point, cover and store in the cooler to permit the flavors to create (as long as you possess energy for).
- Sandwich: Spread 1 side of every one of your cuts of bread with margarine. The top portion of them with a spot of watercress, then, at that point, top with Waldorf salad. Get done with buttered bread, cut in a large portion of the appreciate!
WHAT CAN I ADD TO A WALDORF SALAD?
- Close by chicken and the 5 exemplary fixings (apple, mayo, celery, pecans, grapes) here’s what I like to add:
- Greek Yogurt Instead of full mayonnaise, I like a 50/50 split of mayo and yogurt. A few plans really utilize full yogurt, yet I lean toward the combo with mayo.
- Dijon Mustard This adds a delicate kick of hotness and truly rejuvenates the serving of mixed greens.
- White Pepper, I observe white pepper works better in this specific situation. Close by the mustard it assists with adding a touch of hotness.
- Lemon Juice Cuts through the wealth and truly brightens up the serving of mixed greens. It likewise keeps the apples from sautéing!
MAKE-AHEAD CHICKEN WALDORF SALAD
I HIGHLY suggest making the serving of mixed greens early. It’ll truly assist the flavors with weddings. At first, it might taste somewhat tart, yet when the pleasantness of the organic product begins trading with the dressing, the flavors all equilibrium out pleasantly.
HOW LONG DOES CHICKEN WALDORF SALAD LAST?
Totally reliant upon how long you’ve had the rotisserie chicken extra for. Assuming the chicken was made new on the day, the serving of mixed greens will serenely last another 2-3 days firmly shrouded in the ice chest.
WHAT BREAD TO USE?
I like a wholemeal cultivated portion with this sandwich. The seeds go wonderfully with the organic products in the plate of mixed greens. I tend not to toast the bread, but rather you can assume you are extravagant.
Would I be able to MAKE THE SANDWICH a AHEAD OF TIME?
Your smartest option is to simply make the serving of mixed greens early, then, at that point, build the sandwich when required. The serving of mixed greens is very sassy so you don’t need it to saturate the bread as it rests.