- Panko breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup for Super Easy or 1 cup for Quick Dredge
- Oil splash
- 2 little chicken bosoms, around 6-7oz/180-210g each
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cuts swiss cheddar (Note 1)
- 4 to 6 cuts of ham, about 2.5oz/75g (Note 2)
Technique 1: SUPER EASY
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Technique 2: QUICK DREDGE
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp plain flour
DIJON CREAM SAUCE (MAKES 1 CUP)
- 1 1/2 tbsp margarine
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cups milk (Note 3)
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheddar, finely ground
~ Step by step instructions to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe ~
- Preheat broiler to 200C/390F (standard) or 180C/350F (fan).
- Spread panko breadcrumbs on a heating plate and splash with oil. Heat for 3 minutes or until light brilliant. Eliminate and scratch into bowl straight away.
- Cut a pocket into every chicken bosom, according to the photograph beneath.
- Overlap the cheddar down the middle and spot 2 pieces inside each pocket. Do likewise with the ham. Close the pocket, seal with 2 toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Very EASY METHOD
- Blend the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spread onto the top and sides of the chicken (not underside).
- Sprinkle panko over the chicken, utilizing your other hand to compress the breadcrumbs onto the side of the chicken. Splash with oil.
- Speedy DREDGE METHOD
- Whisk egg and flour. Dunk chicken into egg blend, then, at that point into the panko breadcrumbs. Move to plate, splash with oil.
- Prepare for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brilliant brown and just cooked through. Eliminate toothpicks, present with the Dijon Cream Sauce.
DIJON CREAM SAUCE
- Dissolve margarine over medium warmth in a little pot.
- Add a large portion of the milk and speed until the flour combination is mixed in.
- Add remaining milk, mustard, and cheddar. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking continually until thickened. It will thicken as it cools.
- Eliminate from heat, add salt and pepper to taste. Present with chicken.
- What is Chicken Cordon Bleu?
- “Cordon Bleu” means blue lace and I can guarantee you this simple recipe is deserving of the title! A customary cordon bleu has delicate chicken folded over ham and swiss cheddar however you can blend and match the parts to this formula and be imaginative!
- HAM: Substitute ham for prosciutto in this recipe
- Cheddar: Swap out the Swiss for provolone or even Cheese! Cheese cuts give a thicker cheddar layer, destroyed cheeses can liquefy into the chicken.
- BREADCRUMBS: This formula utilizes prepared breadcrumbs. You can substitute Panko or make your own prepared scraps by adding 1/4 teaspoon of every garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon parsley and a spot of oregano.
What to Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Cordon bleu is a rich dinner with strong flavors so light and new side make the ideal supplement. I would propose a steamed or cooked vegetables like broccoli or broiled asparagus. Add in a prepared or Caesar Salad and a side of garlic margarine rice for the ideal supper!
This prepared chicken cordon bleu recipe can take care of as not many as four or twofold the formula and host an extravagant supper get-together for 8! Extras can be made into a delightful sandwich can be made on a dried-up roll with some hot mustard and a couple of leaves of fresh lettuce! Generous and tasty!