This Keto Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is unadulterated solace food! The outside is unfathomably flaky, and the filling is beyond words. It’s additionally cooler well disposed of, so help yourself out and make two – one for the time being and one for some other time!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies could also substitute green beans or broccoli
- 1/4 small onion diced
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- pinch thyme
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
For the crust:
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of butter melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley (to sprinkle on top)
~ Step by step instructions to Make Keto Chicken Pot Pie Recipe ~
- Cook 1 to 1/2 lbs chicken in the lethargic cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Preheat broiler to 400 degrees.
- Sautee onion, blended veggies, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons margarine in a stove safe skillet for approx 5 min or until onions are clear.
- Add weighty whipping cream, chicken stock, poultry preparing, thyme, and rosemary.
- Sprinkle Xanthan Gum on top and stew for 5 minutes with the goal that the sauce thickens. Make a point to stew covered as the fluid will dissipate in any case. You want a ton of fluid for this formula, if not, it will be dry.
- Add diced chicken.
- Make the breading by joining dissolved margarine (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the cooler for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sharp cream in a bowl then, at that point, whisk together.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder to the combination and mix until consolidated.
- Mix in cheddar.
- Drop player by spots on top of the chicken pot pie. Try not to spread it out, as the coconut flour will retain a lot of the fluid.
- Heat in a 400-degree stove for 15-20 min.
- Set broiler to sear and move chicken pot pie to top rack. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bread besting is well caramelized. Sprinkle dried parsley on top.
How might I make fathead batter without almond flour?
For a nut-free form of fathead batter, you can substitute my Nut-Free Keto Pizza Crust Recipe and to some degree heat it prior to applying it to the highest points of the pot pies.
What is a decent replacement for the carrots and peas?
The magnificence of making a pot pie is that there are actually no principles with regards to protein and vegetable decisions. You can include any low-carb vegetables you like. A portion of my top picks are mushrooms, ringer peppers, asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower.
In any case, pause… I thought peas and carrots were high in carbs?
½ cup of peas has only 6 net carbs. ½ cup of cleaved carrots has less than 5 net carbs. That is 11 carbs spread across 4 servings. I don’t know about you, yet it was never my affection for vegetables that added to my weight battles.
WHAT IS IN KETO CHICKEN POT PIE:
Chicken – I like the surface of rotisserie chicken in pot pie yet any cooked and destroyed chicken can be utilized.
Veggies – Celery, onion, carrots, and peas are in this pot pie. Peas and carrots aren’t really low carb yet since there is not a ton of them in this formula it works. You could utilize various veggies that are lower carb-like cauliflower, spinach, or broccoli.
Cream cheddar – Gives this an incredible smoothness without being overwhelming.
Substantial cream – You can add pretty much cream to control your consistency.
Chicken Broth – I like to utilize Better Than Boullion Chicken Base. It has a profound, rich character.
Xanthum Gum – This is utilized as our thickener rather than a roux made out of flour.
Will Keto Pot Pie Be Frozen Before Baking?
Fortunately, you can absolutely freeze your unbaked chicken pot pie however I don’t prompt baking and afterward freezing a cooked pie since it can bring about a saturated hull.
In case you are needing to save time, I would collect the pie early being certain the filling is totally cooled and afterward wrapping it well with stick wrap and aluminum foil prior to freezing. It will save well for 1-2 months in the cooler and there is no compelling reason to thaw out prior to baking.
Interestingly, a newly heated keto pot pie will save well in the fridge for a limit of 3 days. I don’t support freezing extras on the grounds that doing as such will deliver a wet outside layer, and nobody enjoys that right