Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
Cilantro lime chicken is loaded with striking flavors and makes for a speedy and simple weeknight supper! Simply a small bunch of fixings – lime, cilantro, garlic, cumin, bean stew powder, and honey – turn humble chicken thighs (or bosoms) into an incredibly delectable and simple principle course.
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (Juice of 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp red chili (or pepper) flakes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 6 bone-in skin-on (or off) chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves to serve
- Lime slices or wedges to serve
Preheat the stove to 425°F (220°C).
In a medium-sized shallow bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with the lime juice, hacked cilantro, bean stew drops, garlic, sugar, and cumin. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and throw to equitably cover. Cover and refrigerate thighs for 15 minutes.
Heat the leftover one tablespoon of oil in a nonstick container or cast-iron skillet over medium-high hotness. Include the thighs alongside any marinade leftover in the bowl, and burn chicken – – skin-side down – – for 4 minutes on each side until brilliant and fresh (chicken won’t be completely cooked).
Move to preheated broiler and heat until the chicken is cooked through (around 15-20 minutes).
Decorate with new cilantro leaves and lime cuts or wedges.Serve over steamed rice or cauliflower rice, and sprinkle with the skillet juices.
- Nourishment realities do exclude rice.
- Utilize lean chicken bosoms. Assuming you lean toward utilizing boneless thighs that will function too.
- Change out the protein, attempt shrimp or salmon chomps.
- Oil: utilize any oil you have accessible.
- For those that would rather avoid cilantro, use parsley.
- Serve these chicken chomps with cooked veggies, rice, quinoa, pasta, or potatoes.