Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
Crockpot Green Chile Chicken is a delicious low carb chicken recipe. This dinner recipe combines chicken, cream cheese, green chiles, and spices according to taste and flavor. This chicken recipe also suitable for a low-carb meal or in tacos, wraps, on a salad, or rice.
The Green chiles add flavor to this chicken without adding heat. This is really a simple and delicious recipe to make using the slow cooker.
How to serve Crockpot Green Chile Chicken?
This recipe can amazingly pull double duty. You can serve this as a main low-carb dish on the first night. After that, this dish also will be delicious for the filling of tacos, salads, burrito bowls, etc. While serving with rice you can choose some favorite toppings you love like cheese, chips, tomatoes, salsa, etc.
You can also serve this recipe as a filling in enchiladas or as a filling for quesadillas too.
CROCKPOT GREEN CHILE CHICKEN
- Slow Cooker
- 1 Pounds Chicken Breasts Boneless, Skinless, Make 4-6 Pieces
- 2-4.5 Oz Green Chiles Chopped
- 1 Tea Spoon Garlic Powder (or minced)
- ½ Tea Spoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tea Spoon Salt
- ½ Tea Spoon Ground Cumin
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- Using a liner Lay the chicken breasts flat on the bottom of the Slow Cooker
- Then cover with the layer of green chiles, garlic, pepper, salt, and cumin.
- Cover and set to low cook for nearabout 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and add the cream cheese to the slow cooker. Replace the top to allow the cream cheese to soften and melt.
- While it melts shred the chicken with 2 forks. Whisk the cream cheese mixture until it smooths.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir gently.
- You can Serve immediately or reduce heat to warm and serve later.
- This recipe can amazingly pull double duty. You can serve this as a main low-carb dish on the first night. After that, this dish also will be delicious for the filling of tacos, salads, burrito bowls, etc.
- While serving with rice you can choose some favorite toppings you love like cheese, chips, tomatoes, salsa, etc.
- You can also serve this recipe as a filling in enchiladas or as a filling for quesadillas too.
You can definitely serve this recipe days ahead of time and store it in your freezer. This chicken recipe freezes well and for that always use an airtight freezer container. Before reheating let it thaw fully.
- Freezing (Before Cooking): Place the Chicken along with green chiles, and spices in an airtight freezer bag. After that seal it and place it in the freezer. When you are ready to cook, remove those from the freezer safely. Then place it in the slow cooker and cook as per the instructions.
- Freezing (After Cooking): After cooking the Chicken as per the cooking instructions divide into sizable portion sizes. Use an airtight freezer container to keep the recipe in the freezer. When you need to take that out for serving, thaw fully before reheating.
- Calories: 280kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Sodium: 423mg
- Potassium: 475mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 415IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- Iron: 1mg