Classic Chicken Salad Recipe
Classic Chicken Salad
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- black pepper as per your taste
- any seasoning of your choice
- salt to taste
- sliced bread or sandwich roll with whom you will prefer your salad
Steps to Prepare
- Combine chicken with celery, onion, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper, seasoning, and salt.
- Add more mayonnaise or Greek yogurt, if needed.
- Fill your sandwich rolls or sliced bread with your prepared salad mixture.
Classic Chicken Salad is the perfect thing to serve for lunch, as a salad. Made with shredded chicken in mayo and lemon juice, with and celery, it’s the perfect chicken recipe to bring to a picnic or in a get-together.
You can even add other fresh ingredients of your choice to this recipe like green onion, red onion, fresh dill, or avocado. This is a great recipe for the beginning of the week for grab-and-go lunches, and my go-to when I have busy schedules. After trying this Classic Chicken Salad Recipe You’ll never want to go back to store-bought again!
HOW LONG CAN I STORE THIS CLASSIC CHICKEN SALAD?
Chicken salad will easily last refrigerated for 3-4 days if you wrapped tightly with a plastic wrap.
HOW TO SERVE CLASSIC CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
You can serve the chicken salad as a sandwich. You can also have it with crackers as an afternoon snack or serve with some celery and bell peppers or on a lettuce wrap for a low carb option.
TIPS FOR MAKING SOME AMAZING CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES
- You can add grapes, apples, raisins, or craisins to add a sweet and savory flavor in your salad.
- You can also use different types of nuts like pecans, walnuts, almond or cashews for some crunch
- Pureed avocado and sour cream in place of mayo for an avocado chicken salad.
- If you want you can also cut the calories in this recipe by using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- This recipe takes a total time of 5 minutes to get ready, but I personally like to refrigerate it for at least an hour to give the flavors a chance to come together.
- If you don’t have time to cook the chicken yourself you can use a rotisserie chicken. You just need to remove the skin and chop it into pieces.
- You can use both fresh chicken or canned chicken for this recipe.
- If you want to make BBQ chicken salad you can do it by adding 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce in place of some of the mayonnaise.
- Add spices of your choice to this recipe to add different flavors like garlic, paprika, curry powder, or even mustard. You can even try chipotle seasoning and lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- Cook the chicken breasts in the crockpot, then use an electric hand mixer to shred the chicken for a shredded chicken salad recipe!
Try Our Other American Chicken Recipes
Calories: 430g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 33g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 95mg, Sodium: 405mg, Potassium: 286mg, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 60g, Vitamin C: 1.9g, Calcium: 29g, Iron: 1.2g