Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken is one of the easy-to-make delicious chicken dishes. You can prepare this yummy recipe with chicken breasts, thighs, or legs easily. You can have this recipe commonly at Cajun-themed and Chinese restaurants. But now you can prepare this entree spicy-sweet recipe and melt in your mouth at home easily.
However, the nomenclature history of this recipe is really a surprising fact! The name – Bourbon Chicken actually originates from the name of a place – Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. Bourbon is nothing but a special type of whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon.
This recipe is full of flavorful ingredients like soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, bourbon, and plenty of seasonings. You can prepare this quick and easy recipe, in busy weeknights especially with soy sauce, bourbon, and ginger. Enjoy this special recipe with rice and a green salad addition.
Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken
Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken is one of the easy-to-make delicious chicken dishes. You can prepare this yummy recipe with chicken breasts, thighs, or legs easily.
You can have this recipe commonly at Cajun-themed and Chinese restaurants. But now you can prepare this entree spicy-sweet recipe and melt in your mouth at home easily.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil olive (or canola oil can be used)
- 2 pound Chicken cubed, (thighs or breast)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger fresh, (minced)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic (powder)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼-⅓ cup Bourbon (or apple or cranberry juice)
- ½ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Rice vinegar
- ½ cup Light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch dissolved in water, (just enough to dissolve it 2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoon White wine
Cut the chicken into cube pieces removing any excess fat or skin.
Heat the coconut oil on medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and cook on medium.
Don’t forget to stir continuously until the juices have cooked off. The chicken should be a little brown. This will take 8-10 minutes.
Heat, and add 2 tablespoons white wine.
Now, combine the ginger, garlic, pepper, soy, bourbon, water, vinegar, and brown sugar.
Add the bourbon mixture to the chicken and stir well.
Combine the mixing of the water and corn starch together to make a corn starch slurry and pour it.
Stir and dissolve the corn starch. This will thicken the sauce.
Ready to Serve with rice or noodles.
- The boneless, skinless chicken breasts are easy for this.
- Instead of chicken pork chops, pork loin or steak also makes the recipe delicious.
Important Tips: Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken
- The boneless, skinless chicken breasts are easy for this but chicken thighs would taste better for sure! Some special bourbon will be a gamechanger. But you can use either whiskey or bourbon according to your choice.
- Instead of bourbon, apple juice also a suitable choice. But if you use juice, you should reduce the amount of brown sugar in the recipe.
- An oven is suitable to prepare Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken Bites but you can use a slow cooker also. You don’t need to marinate then. Just pour the chicken pieces into the slow cooker along with the bourbon sauce. It will take nearly 6-7 hours at an average.
- This recipe tastes amazing on any type of meat. Instead of chicken pork chops, pork loin or steak also makes the recipe delicious.
- Calories: 325kcal
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Sodium: 721mg
- Potassium: 613mg
- Sugar: 23g
- Vitamin A: 56IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
Note: Nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary according to the products and various ingredients of the recipe.